Nov 5, 2011

Upon Further Review: Week Nine Picks


My picks were not looking good during the second half of the first games on Sunday and I was starting to sweat. But then some teams rallied and won and I scored an impressive11/13! My best percentage record yet! This week looks to be a little more tricky.

NY Jets at Buffalo:
Everyone is so high on the Bills and they have a good reason. But the Jets have held QB Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers to very little production and I definitely see that happening to QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. He has a bruised chest and I am positive that they Jets will throw Bills-castoff Aaron Maybin his way to get some sacks. If the Jets can slow the running game down they have an excellent shot at beating this team. I smell an upset.
Winner: New York Jets

Seattle at Dallas:
The Cowboys need this game in a big bad way. This could be a trap game and the Cowboys need to be careful. But they should be able to win easily.
Winner: Dallas Cowboys

Atlanta at Indianapolis:
You have to hand it to the Colts, they are playing hard. It would be interesting to see how the Colts team would have been with Manning. 
Winner: Atlanta Falcons

Miami at Kansas City:
If the Chiefs win this game it will be 5 straight. Let me rephrase that, WHEN the Chiefs win it will be 5 straight. The Dolphins will play hard but the Chiefs are one of the hottest teams in the NFL.
Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Tampa Bay at New Orleans:
Good thing for the Saints is that they are at home. I am sure they want to win big this week so they can erase that ugly ugly loss last week. They should rebound decently against a tough Bucs team.
Winner: New Orleans Saints

San Francisco at Washington:
This is a classic trap game for the 49ers. The Redskins will play tough at home and the 49ers just need to play their type of football. It will be close but I think the 49ers will win it in the end.
Winner: San Francisco 49ers

Cleveland at Houston:
Another trap game and since this is the Texans, they will probably blow it. I am really tempted to go with the Browns here and if it was in Cleveland, I would take them. But they are not so...
Winner: Houston Texans

Cincinnati at Tennessee:
Boy was I wrong about the Bengals. I think they are playing with a great nothing-to-lose attitude and it is paying off. While I think the Titans could win this, I gotta go with the hot team.
Winner: Cincinnati Bengals

Denver at Oakland:
If it was in Denver, I would pick the Broncos. It will be fun to watch QB Tim Tebow play in the Black Hole. Even though RB McFadden is out, I still think that the Raiders will run all over the Broncos. Close by half time, blow out by the end.
Winner: Oakland Raiders

NY Giants at New England:
I am not very high on the Giants and I think they are overrated. They got pushed around by the Dolphins and the Pats will be no pushovers. I would not want to face an angry Patriots team at home. I will be rooting for the Giants though.
Winner: New England Patriots

St. Louis at Arizona:
The Rams got their first unlikely win last week and I think that will give them enough energy to win again against a terrible Cardinals team. I give the Cardinals some props for almost beating a tough Ravens team but in the end they lost and that will carry on here.
Winner: St. Louis Rams

Green Bay at San Diego:
Something is wrong with QB Phillip Rivers. He just is not the same confident QB that he was last season, it seems like he is distracted. Unfortunately the World Champions are coming to town. The Packers have to lose sometime right? This will be a close one especially since it is in San Diego but I am giving the Pack the victory since they are coming off their bye week.
Winner: Green Bay Packers

Sunday Night
Baltimore at Pittsburgh:
Oh baby. I am so glad that I do not have choir practice that night. This will be an ugly smash-mouth game full of hits and blitzes and power running. Great way to end the day. The Steelers are riding high after last week and they want revenge. The Ravens came from behind to win last week so they are both coming off positive games. So who wants it more? I smell another upset.
Winner: Baltimore Ravens

Monday Night
Chicago at Philadelphia:
The Eagles are not out of it yet. The Bears need to win to keep up with the Packers and Lions. Something has got to give. The Bears will go all out but the game resides in the hands of QB Jay Cutler versus the Philly D. I will take the Philly D.
Winner: Philadelphia Eagles

No comments:

Post a Comment