Mar 9, 2011

From the Soapbox: The First Sign of Spring

One of my favorite parts of Winter going into Spring is the huge amounts of wet snow that comes and then how quickly the nice warm sun melts it away.

But it also leads to the worst part of Spring. And it has to be the absolute worst sign of Spring.


Dog poop.

I usually will go and walk Logan home from school and it seems that when this time of the year comes around, I have to be extra careful walking. It is either a wet patch of ice or a pile of thawing dog crap. Somehow this dog crap just magically appears when the snow melts. And it is everywhere!

I cannot stand it! 


This should say enough but I am not done. If you own a dog, you also own the dog's poop. Just because it is cold outside and just because it can be hidden in the snow doesn't give you an excuse to pick it up. I don't want to find it later. Just pick it up (like you do in the summer) and dispose of it. It is that simple!


Until your dog learns to do this, you are just going to have to do it. Even if it is cold outside. Part of owning a dog is being responsible for it and its crap. If you don't like picking up dog poop then don't get a dog.

2 comments:

  1. Right on!! I had a good laugh at the pictures you included in this post - by the way, thank you for not having an up-close-and-personal image of dog poop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! Those pics (especially the last one) are great! And I could NOT agree more! Maybe I should toss my dirty baby diapers on the sidewalks and lawn of the neighbors who don't pick up after their dogs' "stuff." :)

    ReplyDelete