Apr 6, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Part I

A friend of mine is taking this challenge on Facebook and I thought it would be a good idea for a blog. The rules are pretty simple. All you have to do is post the song of the day on your Facebook for the next 30 days. Instead of doing it on Facebook, I am going to do it here and I am going to do 5 songs at a time. And as you can guess it, it will probably be littered with Queen songs.

Day 1 - Your Favorite Song
Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen
I am sure I have covered this song before. When I was doing the 365 Day Blogging Challenge, I considered doing a Top 100 Favorite song blog. Each week I would post 10 songs. That fun idea turned out to be a nightmare since it was a lot of work and I really couldn't decide on the order. But I knew what my favorite song of all-time is though. I just love this song. The fun lyrics, the awesome guitar lick and driving bass and drum. Just a fun rock and roll song.


Day 2 - Your Least Favorite Song
Sympathy for the Devil - Rolling Stones
This is a tricky question. Does this mean a song that I absolutely hate? Or is it a song that I still like, but I like the least? Well, since it is my blog, I am going to go with a song that I just absolutely despise. I am not a huge fan of the Rolling Stones anyway but I just cannot stand this song. I don't like the stupid train lyrics (Woo! Woo!) and I don't like the sounds of the drums and the jungle feel. This is definitely one of those songs that I quickly turn the radio to another station when it comes on. I cannot even sit through it.



Day 3 - A Song That Makes You Happy
Beautiful Day - U2
I am sure that there are many other songs that make me happy but this one came to my mind first. This song has a wonderful message. It is a beautiful day, there are many things in this world that are great and we should enjoy it as much as we can. I appreciate the world and I think about how thankful I am for all that I have when this song comes on.



Day 4 - A Song That Makes You Sad
Everyday is Exactly the Same - Nine Inch Nails
There are a ton of songs that make me feel sad and that I listen to when I feel a little blue but I wanted to choose a song that was a bit different. This song takes me back to the last few months when I worked at my last job. This song captures my feelings perfectly, my feelings of hopelessness and my feelings of being inadequate. Every time I hear this song it brings me down since it reminds me of that horrible time. I do love this song but I hardly listen to it because it evokes such hopelessness. I don't even listen to this song when I am down.



Day 5 - A Song That Reminds You Of Someone
Summer Rain - Belinda Carlisle
The month before I left for my LDS mission to New York was one of the most memorable. I had a lot of great experiences that I will never forget. I think what makes me think of this song is that I was listening to it at the this time. Belinda Carlisle's Greatest CD got major play before I left on my mission and I hung around someone at this time. I just love this beautiful song and the beautiful arrangement. So who is this person? Well, I am just not comfortable divulging that identity without that person's permission. And besides, that was many, many years ago.  :)



Next week I'll do another five set.

1 comment:

  1. Sigh. I guess I'll give you permission to divulge it was me. I thought that would always be "our" summer, but the world needs to know.

    Hee hee! :)

    ReplyDelete