Jan 22, 2011

Upon Further Review: Conference Championships


You know I would have never thought that the New York Jets would go to the AFC Championship 2 years in a row! And this year has been amazing, who would have thought that the Jets could beat the Colts and Pats on the road to the AFC Championship?

Oh yeah.... ME!

Having your team in the playoffs is bittersweet. I am proud that my team has made it to the AFC Championship but I don't know if I can handle it physically. I am not a casual fan of the football, I am pretty hardcore. I love the game and I will support any team that just plays good. I will support any team that makes a good coaching move (just like I am glad that the Broncos hired John Fox as their new head coach, I really admire that guy) I just like watching football. It doesn't matter who is playing in the NFL, I will watch it and enjoy it.

But the playoffs are different. It is personal and I take it personal. I live and die by each down and with each yard. After last Sundays win against the Pats, I was euphoric all week. But the closer we get to Sunday, that sinking dreadful feeling is returning. Now I have to gird up my loins and go through three hours of emotion. I don't think I can take it.

But I cannot wait...

Green Bay at Chicago:
Oh boy... another divisional game and emotions will be riding extra high for this one. The Packers have just steamrolled into the playoffs and the Bears have the best special teams squad in the NFL. Something will have to give (and hopefully it isn't my heart!) and however makes the first mistake will be out. While I am now a believer in the Bears, I don't think they are going to the final round.
Winner: Green Bay Packers

New York Jets at Pittsburgh:
Now this is football. Cold weather, mean defenses, pounding the ball. Both teams are physical, both teams have great defenses, both teams are well coached, both teams like to run. The biggest key for the Jets is controlling Pittsburgh's large QB and the Steelers will need to be able to stall the Jet's potent pass rush. Points will be rare in this one and I foresee the Jets scoring on defense which will be the difference.
Winner: New York Jets

And I will be one happy pappy! The Jets and Packers are my two favorite teams and I will have the ultimate  Green Superbowl! History will be made as two 6th place teams win all road games to the Superbowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment