Feb 10, 2011

I'm Back!

First of all, I appreciate all the comments of support. I don't want to stop blogging, I just have lost the motivation for doing so. My cousin Josh gave me a lot of ideas to blog about and that got my mind going and hopefully that will get me going.

Jaimee mentioned that she was surprised that I didn't blog about the Superbowl. I was going to but I forgot to take pictures of the event so I decided it was not worth the effort. But now looking back, I wish I did so here it is a few days late and a few dollars short.

Superbowl Sunday was a lot of fun though. It was a long day, I was out and about doing Church-related assignments all up until the game. My mom came over for the festivities and we made a whole lot of food. Kristy made her famous stuffed mushrooms, we had a sweet shredded beef in the crock pot for sandwiches, I had some boneless buffalo chicken strips and we had an ice cream bar and eclairs for desert. That and a ton of other candy (Bottlecaps!) and soda. Yeah, I was stuffed and I am sure I have gained some weight. But hey, it is the Superbowl!

The game was great. The halftime show...  ...not that great. I am not that familiar with the Black Eyed Peas but I came away unimpressed. The lights and special effects were pretty good but the music was just not that. I really think AC/DC or Paul Rodgers + Queen would be awesome halftime shows. Can you imagine everyone in the stadium doing We Will Rock You? The commercials were pretty good, Pepsi Max was the worst offender. I guess crotch shots and sex will help you sell Pepsi. The game though was amazing. I am a Green Bay Packer fan, they are my 2nd favorite team behind the Jets. I was a little worried when all the injuries for the Packers began to pile up but I was glad that a former USU Aggie made some key plays in place for injured Charles Woodson.

When I became a Packer fan there was hardly any merchandise out there. Remember that this was before the Internet. My Aunt Julie found this sweatshirt out in Colorado and sent it to my Mom so she could give it to me. Thanks Julie!

I am happy for Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay. I have to admit that I was not a fan of the Packers when they let Brett Favre go and I stopped rooting for them while he was with the Jets.

This is a real authentic Cheesehead. My mom's friend Julie Shipley took a trip to Wisconsin and my mom asked her to buy one for me for Christmas. So Julie did and she came home on the plane with this Cheesehead on her lap. Thanks Julie!
(I'm very lucky and blessed to have such good Julies' in my life!)

But as a true Packer fan, I will forgive and forget and support the Pack. I became a Packers fan back in the late 80's. And it was one player that sealed the deal for me. He was #84, wide receiver Sterling Sharpe (older brother of Shannon Sharpe). That guy was truly talented and was looking like he was going to become a receiver like Jerry Rice. And then came Brett Favre. And then came Reggie White. And thus a Packer fan was born!

Ah the wonders of eBay and the Internet. I got an old Sharpe jersey and I found his rookie card from a street dealer in New York.

Since then I have followed the Pack and a few years later I was cheering them in the Superbowl. Since I didn't want to be counted as a bandwagon fan, I became a fan of the Jets.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I think later is better with some posts ... it helps avoid overload of information about the same topic.

    I'll never be a cheesehead (probably just because of my old 49ers fanhood), but I was cheering them on this year for sure (Rodgers was my fantasy QB after all!) :)

    ReplyDelete