Feb 11, 2011

School Daze: Logan's 2nd Grade Class

When I was in 2nd Grade, I thought I knew a lot. I thought that I can be my own boss and that I am smart enough to do it all. Now I look at Logan in the 2nd grade and I think that while he is a bright kid, he don't know nothing!  He is just a kid!

I wish I had class pictures like this. I would have loved to remember the names of my fellow classmates.

What impresses me about my kid is that he will play with anyone in his class. It doesn't matter who they are, it doesn't matter what they look like, it doesn't matter what makes them different. I am extremely grateful for this, I know looking back in my life, I am glad that I grew up with lots of variety. Logan will even play with girls (and I told him that this will pay off...  ...more on that tomorrow) and he always has a good time.

He confided in me the other day (luckily he doesn't read my blog or else he would find out that most of what he does is blogged for everyone to see) that there are a couple of girls in his class that he thinks is cute. I asked him if he would marry a cute girl and he said he would and then I asked him what he thought "cute" was. And that is when he told me that there are two girls in his class that he thinks are cute. And then he told me, right at the last second (I was putting him to bed) that they think he is cute too. I have my suspicions on who they are but I may never know, he won't tell me.

I don't know whether to be proud of my boy or worry that this could be a sign of trouble for the future.

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had school pictures like this, too! That is too cool that Logan is already scoping out the girls! He seems very advanced for his age! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete