Feb 22, 2011

Tuesday Tunes

There are just some days where I don't feel like talking blogging. So let's see what my iPod will come up with when I hit shuffle.

Crush - Megadeth


I am not a huge fan of Megadeth since I only own a few of their songs but this one I just love because it gets me going. Whenever I have had a hard day and I am frustrated, I listen to this song in particular. There are times when I would just love to crush my opposition. This song also takes me back to when I coached 9th Grade Girl's Basketball. This was often our cheer before games and after timeouts. CRUSH 'EM! Now I am pumped.

In This Together - Apoptygma Berzerk


This is one of my favorite bands. My sister introduced them to me and I have been hooked ever since. This song was panned by critics saying that the sold out by adding guitars and sounding more "pop" but I like the new sound as much as I like their old sound.

Spread Your Wings - Queen


One thing for sure is that I need to get me a pair of sunglasses like Freddie's in this video. This is one of my favorite Queen songs. Whenever I am blue I listen to this song and I feel the same way as Sammy does. I just need to spread my wings and fly away and do what I need to do to make me happy. I guess when you have every Queen song out there, the chances of them coming up on my shuffle is good.

Sunshine - John Murphy


I am a huge fan of movie scores and this piece of music is one of my all-time favorites. You might have heard this one before since it is used in a lot of movies and movie trailers. It originally came from the underrated movie Sunshine (you will hear a clip of the movie in it ). The song evokes a lot of emotion, I feel hope while listening to this but I also feel a deep sadness. In case you were wondering, the girl says this in the middle of the song:

"Only dream I have ever have. The surface of the sun? Every time I shut my eyes it is always the same."

No comments:

Post a Comment