Jun 2, 2011

The Wind Caves

Last night Kristy, Logan and I went hiking up Logan Canyon to the Wind Caves. I have not been there for years and when I heard that Kristy was taking the Young Women there for their activity, I jumped at the chance to go.

The Wind Caves is one of the coolest hikes here in Cache Valley. The Wind Caves were formed by water and wind erosion and has created a small triple arch and natural caves made from limestone. It is about a 1,000 feet from the highway so it is a steep climb. This is where Kristy and I went on our first date.

Kristy and just the Young Women were going but I thought it would be good to have a guy go along with them. We met at our church at 6:00 and then headed up the canyon. We had a pretty good group heading up to the canyon.

There was flooding at the beginning of the trail. There is a small stream of water that comes from out of the mountain. It wasn't small this time around.

This was the small stream. Now it was a raging river!


Logan and I were the only guys on this trip. Not that we were complaining.


Logan found a small cave inside the main cave. And before you ask, Logan was not using that as a bathroom.




Afterwards, Kristy, Logan and I headed back home but we stopped at a grocery store to pick up some snacks. I bought a huge bag of lime, root beer and banana popsicles. We had a good time and made it off the mountain before it got dark.

One of the reasons why I like hanging with the Young Women is because they are a good example to me and more importantly a good example for Logan. I hope when the day comes he brings home a girl like these girls.

2 comments:

  1. It is fun how our reasons for hanging out with "cute girls" changes. I find myself a tiny bit excited for when my boys begin dating. The innocence is just fun to see and reminds me of how much I love Karen and our first dates together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always, always wanted to do this hike (hint, hint)... what about the wheelers?

    ReplyDelete