Nov 15, 2010

Blogger Reunion Dinner

Last Saturday my fellow bloggers and I decided we need to celebrate completing the 365 Blogging Challenge. We finally decided on a date and we all met halfway at a Red Robin in Layton. Jennifer and Kristy had went to Red Robin with my mom just a week before and they said that they have a new burger that I need to try. When Kristy and I meet Andrea and Steven for dinner we usually end up at Red Robin anyway so Red Robin it was!

I picked up Jennifer and we all headed down to Layton. I was excited to see everyone but I have to admit that I was just as excited to try this new burger. It was a special called the Mount Olympus Burger. An oregano seasoned burger with creamy artichoke and spinach dip, crumbled feta cheese, crisp bacon, romaine lettuce, tomatoes and garlic mayo on a rustic ciabatta bun. Sounds good right?

I am a lucky guy to have dinner with six terrific ladies. I guess I shouldn't complain that I am one of the only guys that blogs.

We made it to Layton and my fellow bloggers (Andrea, Lewis, Crystal and Chelsea) were already there. We waited for just a little bit for our tables but we had to pull Lewis away from her infomercial. Luckily they had it playing in the television by our table. It was great to see everyone, I have met Andrea's family before but I have not seen them since we started and probably a few years before that. But I felt comfortable around them because I felt like I knew them so well.

Kristy and Jennifer wanted to show me the burger special but it was no where to be found. Unfortunately they had took it off the menu! I was so disappointed. They had it just a week ago! Kristy and Jennifer asked about it and the waiter confirmed it. The burger was gone! But luckily for me, Kristy and Jennifer made the guy check to see if they could still make it and we were all happy when he brought back the happy news!


It was a very nice time. The food was fantastic and the company was even better. I wanted to do something nice for my fellow bloggers for taking the challenge so Kristy and I made these cool certificates of achievement and we also bought each blogger a special chocolate bar from Alvey's Chocolates from Logan. Then we parted ways and Jennifer, Kristy and I went to the mall to Dairy Queen. I was very surprised that we didn't run into Andrea and her family since that is what we usually did after dinner when we met Steven and Andrea for dinner.

Thanks to all my fellow bloggers for coming and participating in the challenge. I am glad that you all did this, it would have been a long journey for me to do alone and I don't know if I would have made it.

Now we just need to do another challenge so we have the excuse to meet again for some food and fun. I hope this is not the last time I get to visit these people.

4 comments:

  1. I think we need to have a Colorado Blogger dinner... with you guys of course... you guys up for a visit?!?! ;) Sounds like you guys had a great time and I'm glad you got your burger!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so much fun! Thanks for setting it all into motion. The certificate and the chocolate were such a nice thought.

    Let us know if you have any other crazy ideas, you know we are all game :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool reunion! And that was really cool that you designed certificates for everyone! Jaimee is right...we need to have a Colorado Blogger dinner and have you guys come out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew I would like you! What a fun day we had with you guys. I will never forget this past year- thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete