May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Day 212

Memorial Day Weekend has always been one of my favorite weekends. The sun is shining, the trees and flowers are budding and in general the weather cooperates.

But Memorial Day also holds some special meaning to me. It is a day to reflect, celebrate and remember those that have served my country and have protected my freedoms. Every day I am thankful that I live in this country and I am appreciative for those that are serving and have served my family. We all wouldn't be here if it wasn't for their sacrifice.


It is also a day to remember those dear family members that have passed away. There are so many that I dare not list them (I don't want to forget listing one) but I am thankful for their sacrifice and what they have done for me and my family. I miss you and think of you often and I look forward to being reunited someday.

Memorial Day also holds a special meaning to me since it means we have our bi-annual Anhder Family Reunion. It will be great to catch up with my wonderful extended family and I appreciate my Uncle Kurt for putting us all up all these many years. I will blog more in depth about the Anhder Family Reunion tomorrow.


On behalf of my family and I, we appreciate and value all of the people serving in the Armed Forces. Thank you for giving and securing us our freedom. Our thoughts and prayers are with those that currently serve. And out thoughts and prayers are with those in mourning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment