May 20, 2010

Star Wars Kids

Day 201

When I lived in Canada my family and I were all alone. We didn't have any extended family around us. In fact we didn't have any other family members in the whole country.

So we would take extended vacations down in Utah that would last a couple of weeks. We would try to squeeze in as much family as we could during our small space of time and one of my favorite thing to do was to visit my Case cousins in Orem.

I have a lot of fond memories of their house in Orem. It has the coolest balcony (that was huge!) and they had a nice backyard. When we got older we could walk down to the 7-11 to get slurpees and buy comics.

One day we were down visiting we were putting together a Star Wars puzzle (based on the poster below) and of course Jeremy, Josh and I were beside ourselves. I mean this is Star Wars we are talking about!


And my poor sister had to bear the brunt of our obvious Star Wars love. Jennifer also loved Star Wars but she was older and therefore more mature about it. You can tell from the following picture that she was slightly annoyed. I love the look of my sister in this picture.


All I remember about this is that we were all searching for Princess Leia's gun. And we would pick each piece up and tell Jennifer what it was and then put it down randomly. I think the gun was only just one or two pieces.


I am pretty sure that Jeremy, Josh and I eventually got bored and ran outside to play Star Wars much to my sister's relief. She was a good sport though and was not averse to playing Star Wars herself.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome picture, awesome post. Jenn's face is priceless in this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally remember this... I don't remember being bothered though. Do you see what I am wearing? THAT is why I have that look on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I can't believe you have this picture! How old were we? 5 years old? It must have been the first year me and my family lived in Orem, which would have been '78. I loved playing "Star Wars" with you and Josh. I remember that you always wanted to be Han Solo, and now that I'm much wiser I would choose him over Luke any day. No offense there, farmboy!

    ReplyDelete