Sep 4, 2010

Last Days of August

Day 308

September already? Wasn't it just June something?

I officially have only one more "Last Days" column even though I will write one in November to cover October. Time is certainly flying by. I love the autumn and I am looking forward to some cooler weather along with the leaves turning color.

WRITING:

I have not written anything but I have started to brainstorm my new novel. I changed the main character and I think I want to try a new writing style. I usually write 3rd person perspective and I think I want to try 1st person perspective this time. I still have a long ways to go and my goal for this new month is to brainstorm some more and plot a few points. I already know how the story ends, I just need to figure out how I am going to get there. I am also thinking of revisiting my Mission Journal and correcting some writing mistakes.

READING:

I took last month off from reading since I was ahead for the year. I have a few books I want to read and my copy of The Extraordinary Works of Alan Moore should come in the mail next week.

Alan Moore has written some of my favorite comics like V for Vendetta, Captain Britain, Swamp Thing and Watchmen.

I also have a list of autobiographies that I want to read so I have some books to conquer!

EXERCISE AND EATING RIGHT:

I still have the same struggles. I don't think I eat what I should and I think I eat way too much. But I am eating better than I was a year ago. I am still exercising, I am running every other day (except Sundays) and I work out on my Total Gym the other days. I feel better and I think I look better. This is definitely the longest I have been exercising, I don't think I have done something like this since high school.

OTHER STUFF:

I have been playing the bass guitar almost daily and I am really starting to pick it up. I don't know how to read music and I don't know what notes I am hitting on the bass but my ear is picking up the notes and telling my fingers what I should hit on the bass. My fingers are not as sore as they used to be and I can play at least 15 songs on the bass.

Not a bad month. I have some goals that should be easy to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment