Sep 27, 2010

Random Ramblings

Day 331

It's amazing how much my mood improves when the Jets win.

Yesterday Kristy was put in as Young Woman's President. We didn't think it was going to happen but it did. She was called a couple of weeks ago and I know that the ward had some logistics issues with who is serving where. But they made the calling official yesterday. Kristy will do a great job. She has some fantastic counselors and advisers and the Young Woman themselves are awesome. The unfortunate thing is that she will be a little more busy than normal. But the advantage is that I get to spend more time with Young Woman. I have said this before and I am sure this is not the last time I will say it but I love being around the Young Woman. They are such great examples and they make me feel young too.

My calling is still in limbo. I was called into the Elders Quorum as the 2nd counselor and our President moved about a month and half ago. I know a new President has been called but that is all I know. Nothing will happen for another two weeks or so. At least I am not the new President but I am eager to find out where I am going to be placed. Because knowing this ward, they have a spot waiting for me.

October is one of my favorite months. The air turns a little crisp, you get to wear comfier clothes, baseball season is winding down, football season is in full swing, basketball season is just a few weeks away. Scary shows are being shown on TV (I am a sucker for horror movies) and Halloween is almost here, and I LOVE Halloween candy.

This October will be special for a couple of reasons, I am a week away from going to The Halloween Hootenanny Tour! I am so giddy, I have been listening to Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie non-stop in preparation for the concert. I am not familiar with Alice Cooper as much but I am getting a kick out of discovering his music. Lots of fun stuff.



 I just don't know what to wear.

I was thinking of wearing this...

Only kidding. I am not sure what to wear, all I know is that I better wear black.

The other special occasion is that this blog will officially end October 31st. I don't know what I will do with the blog. Blogging has become a habit and I think I will miss doing it everyday. What are my fellow bloggers going to do when it is all over?

3 comments:

  1. Interesting you are thinking about this... I am too! I agree, that it's become a habit and I have definitely recorded some things I wouldn't have if I hadn't set out to do it daily, and as I look back, I'm glad those things were blogged about. Daniel is actually considering taking over and maybe doing the 52 weeks of the Shepard Family... or maybe he'll call it the 365 days and I'll just help him out on the days he can't/doesn't want to blog. I hope you continue to blog... even if it's not as often... I have LOVED getting to know you through this blog. You are awesome and we love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone up for another 365 day challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will really miss reading your blog, so I hope you consider doing another 365 day challenge or some sort of blog: daily, weekly, or even monthly!

    ReplyDelete