Jun 4, 2010

Congrats Jillian!

Day 216

Last night I attended my niece's high school graduation. I can't believe I just typed that just now. My little niece Jillian graduated from high school!


Didn't I just graduate from high school?

In fact I graduated from high school around the same time that Jill was born.


My mom came over and we drove up to the USU campus and entered the Spectrum and took some seats. We scanned the crowd looking for my sister and the family coming with them. I finally located them on the other side of us and I don't think I would have found them without the use of the opera glasses my mom had.

The graduation was very nice. There were some very good talks and I personally thought that the music was the best part of the program. The choir was good but the orchestra was really great. The music was very uplifting. Time flew by very fast that was until they read the names of the 500 students that graduated.

Then it was Jill's turn and mom and I cheered loudly. After she sat down we snuck out and walked around the stadium to meet with Jennifer and the rest of the crew. We then met up with Jill for some pictures and hugs. She looked so awesome in her graduation cap and gown.

It is hard for me to believe that Jill is old enough to graduate.


It just seems like yesterday that she was dressed up as Batman.I am very proud of her. She was a great student and she has grown into a beautiful young woman. I am sad that she is no longer that cute little girl but I couldn't have asked for a better and older niece.

Congrats Jill!

This is my favorite picture of Jill

I was hoping that she would pull this face and be this excited at her graduation but sadly she wasn't

1 comment:

  1. Sweet post Matt. I think Jace looks like his sister in that last picture. Where was that taken, do you know? I don't recognize the brick.

    ReplyDelete