Jun 7, 2010

Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon

Day 219

I had a real nice day yesterday, much better than I thought it was going to be. It was also quite busy which was good since I really didn't have time to even miss Kristy and Logan.

Yesterday, early in the morning I had a meeting at the church which only lasted about an hour. I also got a phone call late the night before to substitute a Primary class. For those that don't know what a Primary class is, it is a class (like Sunday School) for children. We have a lesson, we sing music and have an activity. I used to teach in the Primary for almost two years before they asked me to participate and serve elsewhere in the Church. So I came home and prepared my lesson but had to go out again and collect offerings for the Church as well.

It was great to be with this children again. I taught my old class of kids who are five years old and I realized how much I missed them. I am impressed with how much these kids already know and how well behaved they are. They are so willing to take part and are so sweet. I really wish that I was their teacher again and was thankful and happy that I got to see them again. Our neighbor's daughter was very shy when I first met her and now she is quite talkative; not the shy girl I remember. She remembered me and recounted what I taught her months ago which totally surprised me. And she sat beside me whenever she could. At one point she asked if she could sit with her brother and I told her she could and when she found that he was not there she happily came back over to me and sat down.

After Church, I walked home and was ready to cook me up some dinner when I checked my messages and found that my sister had invited me over for dinner. She grilled up some chicken and made her famous potato salad so I definitely was heading over. It was a nice evening and dinner was fantastic. We talked and looked up some old friends on Facebookand I played around with my cute nephews. I came home after a very nice evening and ate some Bottlecaps and read some comics before heading to bed. Not a bad day at all. And to top it off, the Blackhawks and the Celtics won.


The only bad thing is all the canker sores on my tongue from those Bottlecaps!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you labeled this "Running out of ideas" -made me laugh out loud! I'm so glad you got to hang out with your awesome sister in Kristy and Logan's absence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean about teaching in Primary. I love teaching the 11 year-olds (they are surprisingly well-behaved and know a lot!) It's a great calling! And I know you must be a really cool teacher!

    ReplyDelete