Oct 9, 2010

Last Days of September

Day 343

This is it. I did my final Matt at Work column just a few days ago and now this will be my last Last Days column!

But that isn't entirely true. I still have two months before my New Year's Resolutions are up and I cannot quit now. So the blog and this column will continue for at least a little bit longer. We are entering the home stretch, I gotta gird up the ol' loins and take it to the end.

WRITING:

No set writing yet but I have been jotting down notes in preparation of next month's National Novel Writing Month. I have an idea for a story involving vampires (I know, I know... so overdone) that I thought about six years ago. It is a horror story (sorry ladies, no lovey-dovey vampires here) set back during the Old West titled Blood Mine. I know how the story ends and I know how the main character gets there but I have no idea where to begin. I am hoping NaNoWriMo gets the creative juices flowing.

READING:

I am currently reading two books this month. I finally received The Extraordinary Works of Alan Moore and I am about halfway through that book and I am a few chapters in Driven: An Autobiography by Utah businessman Larry H. Miller.



Both books have already proved to be well worth reading. I'll have some reviews of them when I complete them sometime this month.

EXERCISE AND EATING RIGHT:

Same old song and dance. I don't think I eat what I should and I think I eat way too much. But I am eating better than I was a year ago. I am still exercising, I am trying to run every other day (except Sundays) and I work out on my Total Gym the other days. I feel better and I think I look better. This is definitely the longest I have been exercising, I don't think I have done something like this since high school. I am going to run the Top of Utah 5K next year so I am some motivation of working out during the winter.

OTHER STUFF:

I am still playing the bass guitar almost daily and I am really starting to pick it up. I don't know how to read music and I don't know what notes I am hitting on the bass but my ear is picking up the notes and telling my fingers what I should hit on the bass. Recently I have learned Queen's Under Pressure and I can almost do it without looking. I am probably up to about twenty to twenty-five songs.

So it was not a bad month at all. I only have two months before I hit the one-year mark and I am looking forward to seeing how far I have gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment