Oct 30, 2010

Random Ramblings: One Day More!

Day 364

I cannot believe that tomorrow is my last column and that today will be my last Random Ramblings column.

This last year has certainly flown by. And I am very happy that I have chronicled it here on this blog. So what will Monday bring? Is the blog truly over?

Nah....

I am only halfway through my NFL blogs and I still have to make it through the end of the year to cover all my New Year's Resolutions. And I think I will miss blogging, it has become a habit and a habit that I don't want to slack off on. But I am going to make some changes to the blog. The layout will remain the same but the banner and the challenge will change. And the title of the blog just might change too.

One thing I know that will change for sure is that I will not be blogging everyday. I am already looking forward to what will be my last Sunday column tomorrow. I just don't have much time and much energy for a Sunday blog so I am taking Sundays off completely. And I am thinking that I might reward myself a traveling holiday every week. So the plan will be to blog 5 days a week instead of 7. But that is not a hard rule, if I want to blog more I certainly can. But I will not allow myself to blog less. I think I can handle writing five blogs a week, that will be enough to cover my NFL and goals oriented columns and still give me some room to flex my writing muscles.

Speaking of Sundays, I shouldn't have been so cocky about speaking in Church to my fellow-blogger Lewis. She had mentioned on her blog that she was preparing a talk and I commented that I have not spoken in Church for about six years. Yeah well, I got the call last Tuesday to speak. Luckily I am only speaking for about ten minutes but I have to cover the topic of Faith. Talk about cramming a ton of stuff into a short talk! I have it mostly prepared, I only have a couple of notes and I plan just speaking from them. Yeah, I am going to test out my faith tomorrow!

I can feel a cold coming on too. I woke up this morning with a nice sore throat. I am hoping it clears quickly. I am not sure if it is a cold, it might be my allergies. The city came around yesterday and sucked up all the leaves that were in our street gutters. I am thinking it might be all the dirt and dust that was kicked up.

I am also looking forward to our Blogger Reunion Dinner. It looks like Saturday November 13th will the date. (Hey Lewis and Chels... does that work alright?)  It should be a lot of fun. I know that I have met all of you before this whole challenge came to be but this will be the first time that I have got to speak to most of these people in person. And of course I will have to take pictures and blog about it so the blog will have to continue.

Now we just have to decide where to go...

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that you will still be blogging, and I think that it will be nice for you to be able to take a break from blogging every single day. I think I'll do the same thing when I'm done with the challenge. Anyway, I love reading your posts and I look forward to what the future brings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo funny, I would have loved to see your face when you received that phone call. I think there might be a lesson here somewhere. Andy said Layton, right? We will be there.

    ReplyDelete