Nov 1, 2009

It Begins!

I can't believe that November is here already. Time certainly goes pretty quickly. We had a saying while on my LDS mission. "The days seem like weeks but the weeks seem like days". While that may be true most of the time, there have been some weeks that felt like months but I think that is only during football season. This morning I debated about which entry should be the inaugural entry but I couldn't pick one out. Instead I think I will start out with some of my basic family history. Maybe put some faces on some names I am sure to mention again.

My full name is Matthew Paul Platis. I go by Matt, I think only my mom still calls me Matthew. I was born in 1974 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. So yeah, I am a Canuck. My parents, Paul and Kathy were both born in Utah. They had my sister Jennifer and then they moved to Edmonton. My dad was offered a job with the Provincial Parks and they moved to Canada. I was born at the Royal Alexander Hospital. We lived there for thirteen years. My parents divorced and I and my mom moved to Richmond, Utah in the United States. My dad and sister stayed behind. Eventually my dad moved to Logan, Utah (just a few miles away from Richmond). My sister stayed in Edmonton and she got married to a fella named Dave. They lived up there for a few years and then he applied and got a job at Utah State University here in Logan. So they moved down. My dad got remarried to a Canuck and she (Pauline) moved down to the States as well.

I have a brother named Nathan as well. He is my dad's and Pauline's son. My sister also had a child while she was living in Canada named Jillian. Soon after they were born, I served an LDS mission to New York City. After I came home I soon dated Kristy, my eventual wife. My sister divorced her first husband and I got married. I married Kristy Breinholt back in December of 1997. My sister Jennifer then married a guy I used to go to high school with named Justin. Kristy and I had our first child named Logan in 2002. Soon after my sister had a couple more kids named Dax and Jace.

So there you have it, a basic family history. You will be hearing about these people again so that is why I am giving you a brief look at my family.


Kristy, Logan and I.


My Mom.


Logan, my brother Nathan holding nephew Jace, my niece Jillian and my nephew Dax.


My sister Jennifer and her hubby Justin.


Grandma Pauline, my Dad (Papoo) and Logan

One of my future columns will cover all about Kristy's family. They deserve their own column altogether.

4 comments:

  1. Ok you talked me into it.

    Here is the link to my blog 365daysofandrea.blogspot.com

    Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah! Looking forward to it. When you start?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that first photo of you, Kristy and Logan and it's been interesting to read a little of your family history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot, woot. Thanks for using nice pictures. I imagine the not-so-nice may come later?

    ReplyDelete