Nov 5, 2009

When Kristy Met Matt Part III

DAY 5

I had a successful first date with Kristy and I was happy I made an impression. School was ending shortly so I made an effort to see her as much as possible before she headed home for the summer. My friend Lared saw that I hit it off with her too and he made the extra effort to make sure we hooked up.

I used to work for Motor Cargo, I was a lumper. I would load these huge trucks with boxes and boxes of Pepperidge Farm cookies. I worked from 2 in the afternoon till between 8 and 10 at night. I got a couple of good trucks and I came home early, hoping Lared will call to hang out. He did call, he invited me over to a friend's house (Bear) and said "Kristy is here and you know what the best part is? Eric isn't!" So I showered and headed over there right away.

Lared was not the only friend that helped me. Kristy's roommate Angel was a huge help too. I was at their apartment and Kristy had to run upstairs and Angel took me aside and said, "I'm glad things clicked before she had to go home." I was glad too. That evening we all went for a hike and it was so cool because Kristy and I spent the most time together. Eric was there also, he was hiking with Angela. Angel was the only roommate in the beginning that was fighting for me, some of Kristy's other roommates were trying to have Eric win her over. That night we all went outside and watched a terrible movie, Cutthroat Island. The movie was horrible but the company was great.


Back row: Bear, Brandon, Lared, Kristy, Lared's much younger brother Dallin, Missy
Front row: Bear's brother, Steve, Angela, Me and Angel


This picture makes me laugh. It is Angela, Kristy, Angel, Me and Dallin. He looks so funny all curled up in the blanket.

The next day I went over and helped Kristy and her roommates clean their apartment. That was an adventure. Kristy's younger sister Renae came up and it was fun to meet some of her family. Kristy's roommate Missy was pretty grumpy and it was a lot of fun to really try to make her laugh. We cleaned the fridge/freezer together and that was so hilarious. Missy would take something out of the fridge and complain about it and then I would ask, "Does it have a name on it? No? Then garbage it!" Deep down inside, even though I am sure I was annoying the crap out of her, she was happy that I was helping it go by so quickly. Then I went upstairs to help vacuum some rooms and came face to face with the biggest strand of hair EVER! I picked it up and it was stuck in the carpet, I kept pulling and pulling and pulling and it kept getting longer and longer! BRRRRRRRR! Angela cornered me and asked me who I was after. I played coy and told her I was after them all! We then took a time out and went and got lunch at Quizno's. Kristy's family came up to pick her and her things up. Her mom seemed very nice and asked if I was going to visit.



Before I left, Kristy gave me a bag of Hershey's Hugs and a cute note written on pink paper. Basically she was inviting me down to visit. So she was making her choice, she wanted me.

Now I don't want to chronicle all that went on in our courtship. I have one, maybe two more columns to go, where it hits the fan. In a good way. Other columns will cover the wedding and how I asked and stuff like that.

4 comments:

  1. LOVED this post, Matt!!! What an awesome guy you were to go help clean up someone's apartment... I never had a guy do that for me!! :) I love reading about your's and Kristy's courtship- can wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! That hair thing was gross, but don't worry it definitely added to the visual of this post :). I agree, it has been fun reading about the early days of "Kristy and Matt."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys are enjoying it. Something completely different tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete