I was thinking this morning while eating cereal about what I should blog about. I have not done a List-Mania in a couple of weeks because I am running out of ideas. I also find that these columns are the most difficult columns to do. I have three or four List-Mania columns half done.
Then it came to me, literally. As I was about to chomp down on some cereal, I thought of an idea that would be quick and fun to blog about. Cereal! I love cereal and I could eat cereal every day. Which is funny considering I am not much of a milk drinker. So here are my Top 5 Favorite Cereals!
5) Count ChoculaI love the way this cereal makes the the leftover milk all chocolaty and I love all the marshmallows. So why isn't this my favorite? The reason it ranks last in my Top 5 is two-fold. The first is that I cannot get it anytime I want. It is only available during the Halloween season, at least in my area anyway. I would eat it a lot more if I could but I can't. And the other reason is the Chewing Roaches incident I had while living in New York. But I will save that story for another blog!
4) Fruity PebblesBarney is so right. This cereal is so good. When I want something sweet and a little fruity, I grab this cereal. This cereal also makes the BEST Rice Krispie squares. Obviously, you use this cereal instead of Rice Krispies.
3) Frosted Mini WheatsI prefer the frosted variety but I do like those large plain ones that you crush up. But of course I heap spoonfuls of sugar on top of the plain ones. Is it me or does it seem like cereal companies are putting less and less frosting on them?
2) Cracklin Oat BranI read somewhere that this cereal is one of the worst cereals that you can eat. No wonder it tastes so darn good. It has to be the best cereal that you can allow to get soggy.
1) Lucky CharmsI just finished a bowl of cereal and I could totally pour myself a bowl of Lucky Charms right now if I had some. Back in my day, there only used to be "pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, green clovers and blue diamonds." They introduced purple horseshoes when I was a kid. Back then that was a lot of marshmallows but now they have a ton of them. What is up with blue moons? I want the originals back!
I have tried the Marshmallow Mateys the cheap brand and they do not compare to the original. And for good reason, they're magically delicious!