Apr 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Day 154

I love Easter. Easter is my favorite holiday for many reasons.

Easter means the beginning of Spring, while Winter and Fall are my favorite seasons, I appreciate Spring the most because it is the start of new life and a fresh beginning.

My favorite animal are rabbits. And not those huge ugly jack rabbits but those cute and fluffy dwarf bunnies. So that is another reason why I love Easter because of the Easter Bunny.

And the candy. Easter candy is the best, the chocolate Creme eggs, the marshmallows, jelly beans and all those fantastic candy bars in egg form. I also like real eggs as well and Deviled eggs are one of my favorite things to eat at Easter dinner. Easter Eggs themselves also represent new life.

But those are just minor things and temporal reasons why I love Easter. What I love about Easter the most is religious. Easter is the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. Because he is risen, I and my family have that same gift given to us. The Resurrection is given to everybody and they will all live again. The Book of Mormon offers this beautiful scripture found in Alma 11:44.

Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.

I especially like the hair part. I am thankful that my family and I will be resurrected and have New Life. It is something to celebrate while eating all those delicious treats on Easter.

2 comments:

  1. That is such a great scripture. Oh yeah, I also love the deviled eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am a fall and winter lover too. got to be careful some people get angry when I tell them that. Andrea does love the deviled eggs, she made a delicious bunch today.

    ReplyDelete