I was all set with what my blog was going to be today (List-Mania) and I was catching up on my fellow blogger's blogs when I noticed that I have been tagged. Or at least I think I have been tagged. All I know if that Lewis tagged a "Matt" on her blog and I am thinking that has to be me. How many Matts does she know that blogs too?
So how this works is that I write 7 things about me, and 5 things that make me smile. And then I get to pick someone and tag then to do the same. You'll find out who I picked at the end of my blog.
7 Things about Me...
1. The number 28 is my favorite number. I was born on the 28th (and if it was a day later, I wouldn't be around) and it has appeared throughout my life in strange ways. Like those numbers in Lost. One of my favorite football players wore this number too.
2. Those who knew me in high school knew that I was not the biggest sports guy. But I like sports quite a bit actually. I even coached the 9th Grade Girl's Basketball team (ages 14-15) down in Riverton, Utah for 3 years. It was one of the best experiences that I have ever had. And that will be a future blog.
3. When I get tired I tend to ramble on and on and on.
4. I have a crush on Winona Ryder. Always have and always will.
5. I absolutely loathe Satan's fruit. You might know them from their commonly known name: ONIONS. But I will eat onion rings. Go figure...
6. Once a year for about a week or so I get to badger and test out new police recruits for Bridgerland. They put me in scenarios to help train new officers. Nothing like getting paid to scream obscenities at cops. I get to play drunk and shoot at them with guns loaded with paint bullets. I think my family would be shocked at my behavior!
7. I love animals and love to watch nature shows. One of my favorite shows was Animal Precinct. It is a reality show set in New York City (where I served my LDS Mission) where you follow the ASPCA's Humane Law Enforcement Division as they work as advocates for the five million pets and other animals in New York City. Most of the time that show made me sad.
5 Things That Make Me Smile
1. Music. I love music and can appreciate any type of music. Music alters my mood, it can pump me up, it can relax me and it can help me write. And it does more than that. I don't know what I would do without my iPod.
2. Animals. Watching them play always makes me smile. Some of my favorite animals are Killdeer birds, cats, platypuses (of course) and bunnies. I will be one of those old grandpas that sit in a chair and look out the window while stroking one of my cats.
3. Sitting cows. Something about these fat animals sitting all polite and daintily just makes me laugh.
4. Fresh donuts.
5. The Simpsons. I can always watch this show and I quote them relentlessly.
So who should I tag? How about my fellow bloggers (I do like saying that) that start with a "J"? So Jennifer and Jaimee, you're It!