Jan 2, 2010

New Year's Resolutions Part II

Day 63

I have a couple more New Year's Resolutions that I want to share. Unfortunately these are nowhere near as fun as the ones I listed earlier. I am only talking of one in particular that I am not looking forward to starting at all.

So let's start with the fun one first.

ART
I rarely pick up a pen to draw anymore and that depresses me. Last year I had a stretch of time where I participated in completing a drawing a week but unfortunately I lost interest and time and I stopped doing it. What I liked about doing it was I felt challenged and it made me think creatively which is something I want to do more of. So I am going to try to complete an art project, at least once a month. I have the tools, I just have to get off my butt (this will be a recurring theme) and do it.


Last year I developed a blog (which is deactivated) called Sheer Art Attack. (a play on Queen's Sheer Heart Attack album) It was a bi-weekly art celebration of the songs of Queen! Every two weeks a new song is chosen and posted every Monday and then participants/followers are invited during the 2 week period to illustrate their own interpretation of the song chosen. I had this idea in high school and I did some basic doodles of Queen songs but that is about as far as I have got. This quote really got me wanting to do it.

"That's what the song is about, though I'd prefer people to put their interpretation upon it - to read into it what they like."
-Freddie Mercury

So instead of doing that blog (which I may reactivate when I get some art projects stocked up) I am going to work on a monthly project based on a Queen song of my choice and post it to this blog. I may wait until my novel is completed before I start that project.

So now it comes to the least favorite part of my New Year's Resolutions but one that I am looking forward to having completed. I am now at that age where I have to be more careful with my body. I cannot just eat whatever I want. Yes, my doctor has told me to eat more fiber and to watch my cholesterol. Last summer I took part of a Nutrition study (which I will blog about sometime) which is to lower my high cholesterol. So it has come to this...

EATING RIGHT AND EXERCISING

I love sweets. I love chocolate. I love soda. But there is no freaking way I am giving those up. But from now on, I am going to watch how much I consume of this stuff. I am going to be more disciplined. I'm going to eat more healthy and eat more fruits and veggies. That part is the easiest part.


I didn't believe that this could actually work me out but it does get you pretty sore and does tone your muscles pretty good. I just have to get it out and use it.

I also need to get off my duff and exercise. When the weather gets nicer, walking and running will be something I will try to do daily. While it is cold, I will work on my Total Gym and the Wii Fit Plus I got for Christmas. I will alternate what I do daily and take the weekends off. My goal is to lose 7 total pounds and hopefully by my birthday in June. It will be hard work but worth it.

I have some other goals/resolutions that I will share next time on the blog. The biggest reason why I am going public with these is because I want to actually do them this time. And by using this blog, I can be held accountable for my actions. I plan on updating the blog at least weekly about how I am doing on these goals. Some are more important than others and some I might not start for months but I want to see how I am doing.

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate! I sometimes post my to-do list on Facebook so I can be held accountable! :P Good luck- I admire all that you are doing- you are very talented and I truly, truly enjoy reading your blog everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to exercise more in 2010, so here's hoping we can both keep at it this year!

    ReplyDelete