Jan 1, 2010

WaffleFest 2009/2010!

Day 62

Happy New Year's Day!

It is hard to believe that we are living in the year 2010! Where is my rocket pack?

Kristy, Logan and I headed down south to spend New Year's Eve with Kristy's family. A couple of years ago we had WaffleFest(tm) and Steven cooked and served breakfast at midnight. This year was the same, we had family over and we all ate breakfast at midnight. Before and after we snacked on an insane amount of food and played games.


We played a couple of fun games (Apple to Apple; Split the Ward) and of course, their were some winners that flaunted their winningness and their were some sore losers. Some of the kids went to bed early while the adults continued to play games and eat food.



I also taught a couple of my nephews a few card games. We played a variation of SlapJack (one that I had made up myself) and unleashed pain on them with my Punishment Slap Rule. Surprisingly they still wanted to play after the New Year was rung in.


Am I wearing a cool shirt or what?

Finally midnight came and we rang in the New Year! Like I said before, it is hard for me to imagine that we are living in the year 2010! We stuffed ourselves like pigs and even those that were cranky (not the young tired kids, the ones that were sore losers) were happy with a full gut. Steven added another chin to his collection of chins. After food we watched a bunch of YouTube videosthat we laughed hard at. My family gets really silly the longer they stay up.


Finally we played some more games and we played the Newlywed Game on DVD. Now this is where things started to get more interesting. Kristy and I have played this game before and we must have been married too long because we absolutely SUCK at this game. But this time was different, we actually scored this time! And not just once, we scored a few times. But we still suck at it.

What was surprising and possibly the most shocking is that Kristy's mom and sister almost won both games! Yes, you heard me right. Colleen and her daughter Lynn were a couple and they were tied at the top for both of the games we played. They beat out THREE other married couples. You know, actually married couples, couples that are married for real. How the heck did a mother and daughter combination win at the Newlywed Game?

Perhaps this explains it.



We finally packed it in for the evening, it was pretty late (or early in the morning) and some of us need our beauty sleep. Some people need sleep more than they think. Colleen looked at the clock and yelped out "It is 3 in the morning! I have stuff I need to prepare for tomorrow!" It took us about fifteen minutes to calm her down, she thought it was Sunday. And then she grabbed her scorecard and asked what the next question was and was surprised when she discovered she had already wrote down the answer. Kristy is just like her mom. Kristy and I giggled for about an hour after we went to bed thinking about doing her Snuggle blog. More on that later.

All in all, we had a great time and I look forward to next year's party already.

1 comment:

  1. am I the sore loser you keep referring to? :)

    ReplyDelete