Jan 5, 2010

Pic of the Week: Bittersweet

Day 66

We took down our Christmas decorations last night making the end of the season official. It is bittersweet for me, I love having all the decorations up and all the lights but after Christmas our living room is a mess. Taking down the decorations allow us to do some cleaning too.

It is nice to be all done and have a nice clean room to lounge around in but the room suddenly looks so barren and bare.

Before we took all the decorations down I made Logan get into his Christmas stocking so I can take our annual picture. That kid has sure grown, another bittersweet moment.


2 comments:

  1. I agree, the season seems to have a certain glow about it. I don't think it's just the twinkle lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the having to take the decorations down bit too. Our tree is cut up and ready to burn on our chimenea and the decorations bagged up and waiting to be put in the loft. Everything always looks so bare afterwards. We've decided to keep two sets of lights up, one on our outside tree and the other on our bannister which hopefully this time Dash wont chew like all the previous lights I've had on our bannister.

    And if Logan keeps growing that quick and tall he'll soon be using that stocking as a real sock!!!

    ReplyDelete