Dec 8, 2009

Life with Logan: Suicide is Painless

Day 38

That's quite the title isn't it? Do I have your attention now?

Quiz time! Can anyone tell me what the title of this column and the picture have to do with each other? The answer will come at the end of the column.


After Logan was born, I quit school and stayed home to take care of him while Kristy went back to work teaching school. This wasn't the way we wanted it but it was her insurance that paid for the delivery so it was something we had to do. And I am a better dad for it. Logan and I were able to spend some quality bonding time.

I would feed Logan around ten in the morning and usually he would fall asleep after eating. This happened day in day out for weeks. And then I discovered something. One of my favorite TV shows M*A*S*H* would come on around ten also and I would watch it while feeding him. Whenever the theme song came on he would stop crying or stop eating. Basically he would stop everything he was doing to listen. Once the song was over it was back to the usual. Which normally was crying because he was hungry.

This phenomenon continued when he got older. I was at home watching Logan and he was playing and I was watching the morning news. M*A*S*H* came on right after and Logan stopped what he was doing and watched the beginning. Once the opening theme was over he was back to business.

Quiz Answer: The name of the theme for M*A*S*H* is called "Suicide is Painless".

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny! I knew it was the theme song but didn't know how it played into the photo... so cute!

    ReplyDelete