Dec 5, 2009

Pic of the Week: My Grandma Anhder

Day 35

My mom kept her pictures in this orange cardboard crates (the ones that Mandarin Oranges used to come in) and I loved looking through all the pictures. That old box has now been replaced by a large red bin. The box may not look and feel the same but it still contains the pictures I loved to look at as a kid. Getting this bin of pictures has been great, especially for this blog.

This is a picture of my Grandma Anhder and I when I was very little. I don't remember this at all but that is okay. I have a ton of other great memories of my Grandma. Today would be my Grandma's birthday. Even though she passed away years ago, I still have fond memories of my Grandma.



-Playing Racco and other card games.

-Eating her delicious Chicken Casserole.

-Hearing her tell her favorite joke
How can you tell a happy motorist? They have tons of bugs in their teeth.

-When her and Grandpa came to Edmonton for Christmas. I still have those two Star Wars figures she gave me.

-Visiting her with Kristy and Logan and eating from Big J's.


-Watching the Jazz play basketball and hear her complain about the refs and the other team. But she complained more about Mark Eaton and how he always brought the ball down too low.

-Making her so happy when I would compile a list of NFL players that were from Utah.

-The awesome huge quilt she made for Kristy and I for our wedding. She was always quilting.

-The Black Cap Jam and the Pickled Beets. She was so awesome for making them and sharing them with me.

Grandma was such a neat lady. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to live with her and my Grandpa. It was something that I would never trade for anything. I had the greatest Grandparents.

3 comments:

  1. Loved seeing the picture of Grandma with you and then Grandma with your son!! How cool is that?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. She sounded like a wonderful woman and you have some brilliant memories.

    ReplyDelete