Dec 19, 2009

Pic of the Week: Yummy Christmas Ornaments

Day 49

I think this is the soonest we have decorated for Christmas. It seems like the last few years we get it all done about two or three days before the big day. I have to admit that this year I seem to be a little more excited.

I remember one year we were decorating for Christmas in particular. It was about four years ago. We were in the back room decorating the tree. Logan was trying to help but being so young it was more of us doing it all and watching him to make sure he was not into something he shouldn't be. We were hanging some ornaments on the tree when suddenly we heard this "CRUNCH". It sounded like glass breaking. We immediately look over at Logan (knowing full well he would be the source of the sound) and he had taken a big bite into one of the glass ball ornaments!


We picked him up and Kristy sat him on her knee and I fished around his mouth taking out shards of glass. We don't think he swallowed any, we had recovered enough pieces of the glass ornament that we could probably glue it back together. It was a scary moment and the next day Kristy tossed out all of our old glass decorations.

EDIT: That is the actual glass ornament that Logan chowed down on.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my gosh! That would have absolutely scared the crap out of me! I'm so glad that Logan was all right! Kristy was very wise to dispose of the glass ornaments!

    ReplyDelete