Dec 12, 2009

Pic of the Week: Decorating for Christmas

Day 42

We finally got around and decorated our Christmas tree and I am especially excited because this is the first year since I have been married that we have a real tree. We also got all of our lights, garland and stockings up. We also cleaned up everything after so it is all ready for Christmas. I think this is the earliest we have decorated.

I am a sucker for lights. We have about six sets of lights going. I just love Christmas lights. I tried to put some in our window but it just wouldn't work. We have enough lights now that I can easily read!


This was our wedding garland. We put all of Grandma Anderson's homemade decorations on them. The picture just doesn't do it justice.


Logan was in charge of decorating the window. He did a good job.


Kristy was in charge of putting the lights on the Christmas tree. While I do like lights, I HATE putting them on the tree.


And because I love lights so much, I was in charge of of putting lights up. And of course I went overboard. I used the branches we had to cut off the tree and mixed them with the lights.


If Logan acts naughty I get out the large silver Christmas Punishment Spoon!


I put all of our snowmen decorations (we have a ton of them) on our fireplace mantle with a candle behind them. And of course, more lights!

Starting today and ending on Boxing Day, I will have a Christmas-related column. It has been fun trying to think of some Christmas columns. Lots of memories I can share.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing beats getting the home all decorated for Christmas. We done ours this weekend. And I love your idea of the trimmed branches in the lights!

    ReplyDelete