Dec 10, 2009

School Daze: That's Not So Smart

Day 40

There are some things that I just cannot forget. Some of them important but most of them very silly. Case in point:

I remember sitting in Mr. Cantwell's English class at Sky View High School reading. I was reading this horrible novel I got from the school library. It was called Midnight Express and it was based on a true story of a man who was sent to a Turkish prison for trying to smuggle hashish out of Turkey to the United States. Talk about a true horror story!

But that was not what I remember this time. I was sitting, reading in disgust when I looked over at one of my friends. He was crunching up some Smarties on his desk and was snorting them like cocaine. I couldn't believe my eyes, it was not surprising that he was doing it, I was just surprised that he was doing it in class. I looked over at Mr. Cantwell and he was staring at my friend as well. Dave, (my friend) looked up and saw us both staring at him and he laughed. And when he did, this large Smartie cloud burst from his nose. I about died laughing and even Mr. Cantwell tried his hardest not to laugh.


Now answer me this, why in the world do I remember that? I am certain I have better memories of high school. And before you ask, no. I never snorted Smarties.

1 comment:

  1. The strangest and randomnest of things stick in our minds.

    And two points:

    1. I've never heard of anyone snorting smashed up smarties

    2. Your smarties are different from ours, we have chocolate in ours.

    ReplyDelete