Dec 7, 2009

Week in Review: Nov 30th - Dec 6th 2009

Day 37

The Platis family had quite a busy week. Or at least it certainly felt like it.

Last Monday night Grandma Platis came over to watch the New Orleans Saints put a beat down on the New England Patriots. She also treated us to Coasta Vida, such a yummy place. It is the only place where I always get the salad. She also played around with Logan and found out what he wanted for Christmas. It was a fun evening, so much fun that we invited Grandma to come over Thursday night.

I also had a small article about my novel writing published in the Herald Journal. It was a good article although I am not sure I like my first quote. But it was nice to get some exposure and to get the NaNoWrMo some exposure. Speaking of NaNoWrMo, I got my code so I can publish my book within the next six months. I did a little editing but now I am thinking of expanding the novel in some parts.



Last Thursday was Kristy's birthday. I took her out to dinner that night, Grandma Platis came over to watch Logan. We were thinking of going to Cafe Sabora but decided at the last minute to go to the Bluebird. The Bluebird is a fantastic local restaurant that has some yummy food at low prices. This is where Kristy and I had our wedding breakfast. We both got the same thing, the Chicken Louie. That is a breaded breast of chicken covered with crab meat, a few shrimp, cheese and a TON of Hollandais sauce. I got my usual home brewed Ironports sodas (probably the best I have had in a long time). After we stuffed ourselves we hit the town and finished our shopping. After a stop to get some Alvey's chocolates of course.

Friday night we had an impromptu meet-up with Kristy's brother and his family. We all talked about getting together for dinner sometime and we thought (at the very last minute) that this Friday would be the best one. Most of our weekends are already taken. So we called them and we met at the Layton Hills Mall. We didn't tell Logan we were going down, we wanted to surprise him. I don't think he was a fan of that, he acted very nervous and strange. But quickly warmed up when he discovered we were going out to eat with Steven, Andrea and Addy. We couldn't decide where to go so we hit the usual spot (what we did last time) and ate at Red Robin. I had the Cholesterol Clogger burger. After a nice dinner we went back to the mall and got some ice cream at DQ. We sat and visited for a long time. They are great to hang out with. I never feel that I have to entertain or anything, I could be completely laid back (LAZY) and still feel comfortable with them. Thanks guys! It was a lot of fun.

Logan and Addy playing at Red Robin. They look like they could be brother and sister.

Saturday, Kristy went shopping with my sister and mom and Logan and I stayed home. I am glad that my family takes Kristy out and that they can do stuff on their own. They had a great time and got some neat stuff. That night we had a special visitor. For the last couple of years we have had a fake tree. The more we have it, the less of a fan I am of it. So to my surprise, Lynn and Darryl and Jessica came over and brought us a tree from Wyoming. They cut one down for us so now we have a real tree! It is still undecorated but that will change shortly. That was real awesome of them to do that for my family. Logan was sure surprised. It is nice to come downstairs and smell a hint of real tree.

Yesterday I had a headache that wouldn't leave. I had it most of the day Saturday but it was real bad yesterday. Luckily I was able to just sit and relax while watching a full day's worth of football.

It was such a nice week. It started with football and ended with football.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week!! Awesome article! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now it's my turn to point out your typos. I didn't know you enjoyed "crap meat," sounds delicious! I personally prefer crab meat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at Andrea, I was thinking and spotted the same mistake.

    Sounds like a wonderful week Matt and yay on the real tree. And if that headache isn't from a busy week it may be from the real tree, I sometimes find the first day or so of having one in the house the smell from it (although heavenly) so strong that I get headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blame the spell check. *so embarrased*

    ReplyDelete