Mar 19, 2010

List-Mania: What I Want To Be When I Grow Up

Day 139

As you can tell from the title, this week's List-Mania involves what I wanted to be when I grew up. Unfortunately I am still growing (more horizontally than vertically) and I have not yet accomplished what I thought I was setting out to do. Maybe one day, I still think I am young. That's got to count for something right?

5) Tornado Chaser
I would love to a professional Tornado Chaser. Tornadoes really freak me out but at the same time I am captivated by their sheer power and beauty. I dream about tornadoes all the time, at least once a month. I love to watch documentaries about twisters but I cannot watch them alone. I think I have a real fear here, I cannot even look at pictures of them without getting a deep-seated fear. I just might have to add this to my Bucket List and go on a tornado chasing tour. There is only one way to conquer my fear.

4) Sports Journalist
When I was attending Utah State University I was set in majoring in Broadcast Journalism. I would love to add color commentary and analyze football, the NFL in particular. I have not finished school but would like to eventually but I think the chances of landing this dream job has passed me by. So now I will just be intent in making comments before my favorite sportscaster does. Ask Kristy and my mom, I do it all the time.

3) Singer
I love to sing. But I am not a great singer. I can carry a tune in a bucket but my range is not that super. One day I will take some voice lessons and try to improve my voice. I had a minor role in a local musical which was a lot of fun and I would try out for if that theatre was still around. I think it would be so satisfying to perform in front of a large audience. It's too bad I just don't have the voice. I think it would be so much fun to tour the world sharing such a cool talent. But that is the key, I don't have the talent.

2) Radio DJ
When I was growing up I wanted to be Dr. Johnny Fever. I watched WKRP in Cincinnati religiously (and not just for the hot Loni Anderson) because I wanted to be that guy. Privately I would set up my tape recorders and make my own Top 10 list and countdown the music. I still would love to do this and I would want to broadcast my own show. The closest I came to this was I recorded three different radio commercials with my acting teacher for a local car repair shop. They aired for a couple of years here in Cache Valley.

1) Writer
Now this I can still do. I love to write, I have always liked to write. I still have my collection of stories I wrote in grade school and on through high school. I think it would be fun to write a comic book and my friend Joel and I. And I can proudly say that I have written a novel that I just need to publish. So I guess I could call me a writer but it would be nice if I got paid for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment