Mar 6, 2010

A Tale of Two Dreams

Day 126

Last night I caught a case of the giggles while sleeping. Kristy woke me up by poking me and when I woke up I was still giggling.

Before I was waken up, I was dreaming that my family and I was watching America's Funniest Videos (a family favorite show to watch) and in my dream I was telling Kristy and Logan that they needed to pay special attention to the show. But Kristy kept getting up and going into the kitchen during the show and I was afraid that she was going to miss a certain video. I had taken a video camera and scared the crap out of Kristy. She was napping on the couch and I made this Donald Duck noise and she woke up screaming in fear and I got it all on video. And I had sent that video to AFV. We saw the video and I started to giggle. And then Kristy woke me up and I was totally giggling.

It's too bad that my other dream that I had was as terrifying as the last one was funny.

I have often thought about keeping a Dream Journal. Where I would wake up and the first thing I would do is write down any lingering thoughts or dreams. I know a lot of writers that do this and they take those dreams and make them into dreams.

My next dream was not a happy one. I was on a pretty big boat in the middle of the ocean. I was with my dad and a set of guys I didn't know. There was a couple of kids with us. One of the kids was my neighbor and it was my job to watch her. They were all watching the news but I wouldn't. I was getting Krissy a drink of Kool-Aid when the boat was hit by this wave. It totally destroyed the boat and swept was all out. I tried to hold on to Krissy but she was swept out of my arms. I must have lost consciousness because the next thing I know I am waking up next to this island. I looked around to get my bearings and noticed that I was laying on a bunch of dead bodies. I walked on top of them closer to the beach and saw even more bodies. Some were sticking out of the sand. I then heard this horrible crunching noise and I knew that another wave was coming. I ran up the hill but I kept sinking into the mud so I had to use the dead bodies to steady myself. I made it up the hill and my dad was there. He helped me up and I asked him about the crew and he said he has not seen anyone. He broke down and said that he lost his kid (I guess we all had a kid we had to take care of) and we hiked up further on the hill. The crunching noise got louder and the island was hit by another wave. At this point I am not entirely sure if the wave was even water. But it hit the island hard and knocked us off our feet. We looked down and saw the water rise with all the mud and bodies and it crept closer to us. And then I woke up.

What the heck is up with that?

I don't mean to be so depressing but I thought it would be interesting to write these down.

And by the way, a did dream of tornadoes about a week or so ago. I think it would be interesting to see if I do dream of tornadoes monthly.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting dreams to say the least. I love that you were giggling in your sleep!!! I think it's a good idea to write down your dreams... I enjoy reading them! And maybe there will be some epiphany one day on what they mean?!?! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took him a full five minutes after he woke up to stop giggling. It made me giggle too.

    ReplyDelete