Mar 25, 2010

Why I Dislike Camping

Day 145

I am not much of a camper. Like I have mentioned before, I don't mind going for small chunks at a time. But I am not a fan of camping for longer than a week. I do like nature but I don't like to smell and be dirty for long period of times.

I used to camp out with my family when I was younger many times and I didn't mind it then since I was young and getting dirty was something then you enjoyed. I do have fond memories of camping in the rain in our tent trailer and playing poker and betting with beans.

But there was one time that camping in the tent trailer was not as fun. And of course it has to be the most memorable and the most embarrassing.

We were at a Father and Son's camp out and I was with my dad. We paired with another guy named Dave McMillian and we took a kid named Randy with us. It was a fun outing and the weather was awesome.

This picture makes me laugh because it looks like my Dad is wondering what the heck he is eating. Dave was taking the pictures, sadly I don't have one of him.


I don't mind sleeping in the tent trailer and I remember it was all cozy. Dad had awakened me for breakfast and all I wanted to do was sleep in. So I rolled over away from the beckoning Dad.

And I rolled right out the tent trailer. I fell through the tiny hole where the canvas meets the trailer. I didn't fall and hit the ground right away, I slowly slid down the hole and while I was slowly sliding down, my pyjama bottoms were slowly coming off along with my underwear slowly sliding off.

It wouldn't have been to bad if it wasn't for Dave. Dave jumps out of the tent trailer like I am in mortal danger.

I WILL SAVE YOU MATTHEW! DON'T WORRY!

I wasn't worried. I was humiliated. He yells this as he comes to "save" me. Unfortunately that also alerted everyone else at the campground. Dave didn't initially scoop me up, instead he had to yell out and ask me if I was alright. Only my pride was hurt. Then I heard this kid shout Hey! I can see that kid's underwear and bum!

Thanks Dave McMillian for pointing me out to the WORLD!

It should be noted that I was wearing some stupid Gilligan-style hat. So I guess my near nudity was not embarrassing enough.

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you can be thankful he was trying to save you and not trying to take a picture, right? :)

    ReplyDelete