Mar 22, 2010

The Write Stuff: Script Frenzy

Day 142

Who is up for another writing challenge?

Last year I participated in NaNoWrMo, a novel-writing challenge where you write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. Well, those crazy folks are at it again and I have been invited to do another month-long writing session. But this time I am really going to be challenged.

For the month of April, I will participating in Script Frenzy. This challenge is where you write a 100-page script in 30 days. I have never written a script before and it looks intimidating. I tried one years ago using Word and I eventually gave up because the formatting confused me. But if I want to become a writer, I need to become familiar with scripting.

But on the bright side, Script Frenzy has tons of valuable resources. They even offer some scripting software that you can try out and use. I decided to go with scripped.com because it is FREE and it is web-based. So I don't have to download or install any programs and I can connect to my script from any internet connection.

The one thing that really excites me about this challenge is you get to chose what type of script you want to pursue. You may write screenplays, stage plays, TV shows, short films, comic book and graphic novel scripts, adaptations of novels, or any other type of script your heart desires.

So you guessed it. I am going to write a comic book! I already have one plotted out and I cannot wait to get into the swing of it. And yes, it does involve Banshee. How could I write a comic that doesn't have him in it?

Script Frenzy has all the info. They really know how to put it all in words so I am just going to rip off their site. So here is all the info you need:

WHO: You and everyone you know. No experience required.

WHAT: 100 pages of original scripted material in 30 days. (Screenplays, stage plays, TV shows, short films, and graphic novels are all welcome.)

WHEN: April 1 - 30. Every year. Mark your calendars.

WHERE: Online and in person (if you want!). Hang out in the forums, join your fellow participants at write-ins, and make friends by adding writing buddies online.

WHY: Because you have a story to tell. Because you want a creative challenge. Because you’ll be disappointed if you missed out on the adventure. Because you need to make time for you.

HOW: Sign up. Tell everyone that you are in the Frenzy. Clear your calendar. (US participants: Get your taxes done now!) Start some wrist exercises. Have fun!

So I highly encourage anyone to challenge yourself and do some creative writing!

On an unrelated note, I would like wish a Happy Belated Birthday to fellow blogger Andrea who celebrated her birthday yesterday. And I would like wish the best and congratulations to fellow blogger Sarah who had a healthy baby boy (Riley Connor White) a week ago today.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks!

    That challenge sounds pretty crazy, good luck.

    ReplyDelete